Chat with us live
Rent compliance group
The new Rent Standard from April 2020 will apply to both housing associations and stock-holding local authorities. HQN's new rent compliance group will help you to stay up-to-date with the latest information, legislation and guidelines.
Rent compliance group
Setting rents for social housing used to be quite simple.
But as we provide more homes across different tenures, understanding the rules and regulations for varying rent types has become a complicated business.
The new Rent Standard which is applicable from 1 April 2020 will introduce two major changes:
- Aligning the regulation of rents charged by stock-holding local authorities with that of registered providers
- Restricting rent increases on social rent and affordable rent properties by up to CPI+1% annually from 2020 for a period of at least five years – striking a balance between the interests of landlords, tenants and taxpayers.
Our new rent compliance group will provide you with everything you need to know about the new standard and help you prepare while also illuminating best practice and filling a knowledge-sharing gap in this specialist area.
Key themes the group will cover:
- The new Rent Standard - what you need to know and how to prepare
- How to calculate the formula rent
- Compliance with the assurance monitoring framework - looking at the various rent types and the management of legacy stock
- Reviewing best practice around compliance with legislation and regulations
- Compliance with the risk management and internal controls assurance framework – for example, to monitor, report on and comply with s106 planning agreement housing provisions with rent conditions cyclically and ensure robust procedures are in place
- Rent setting and how to consult on proposed rent increases with residents
- Developing a rents compliance KPI framework.
Membership of the rent compliance group is free to members of the Housing Finance Network, RIEN and the Housing Management Network. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 557150
|Current||Consultation on a new Rent Standard decision statement||File size: 355KB||Published Date: 08/01/2020||Download|
|Current||Example annual rent increase calculation||File size: 106KB||Published Date: 17/12/2019||Download|
|Current||Rent questions and answers||File size: 97KB||Published Date: 17/12/2019||Download|
|Current||Rents for private registered providers (PRPs) from April 2020||File size: 567KB||Published Date: 13/12/2019||Download|
|Current||Key takeaways from 2020 vision – a practical guide to the new Rent Standard||File size: 967KB||Published Date: 01/11/2019||Download|
|Current||Be prepared for the increase: The 2020 rent increase tenant consultation||File size: 2MB||Published Date: 01/11/2019||Download|
|xlsx||Current||HQN Formula rent spreadsheet model (v13.12.2019)||File size: 39KB||Published Date: 16/10/2019||Download|