Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Unlocking construction – basic techniques for non-technical staff
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 07 Oct 2021 09:30
- End 07 Oct 2021 16:00
This is a highly interactive, one-day course for all non-technical staff who would like to improve their knowledge and raise their confidence when dealing with contractors, technical staff and customers regarding construction and maintenance issues.
What will delegates learn?
- How basic construction works
- How to diagnose basic construction problems
- How to recognise potential maintenance problems
- How to recognise issues relating to health and safety in construction
- How to communicate more effectively regarding technical issues
- How to handle repair requests more efficiently
- How to discuss technical issues more effectively and gain confidence
- How to speak knowledgeably regarding construction and maintenance
- How to get it right first time, saving money and resources.
This course will cover:
The training is delivered through a series of interactive sessions and covers all major trades:
- Environmental works.
Specific to each trade, delegates will be able to:
- Ask the right questions to make a valid assessment regarding construction/maintenance issues
- Identify the various types of repairs applicable to each trade
- Diagnose potential problems on estate visits with greater accuracy
- Give the right advice
- Identify and assess the potential risks regarding health and safety
- Understand the basics, including materials and techniques used
- Speak with knowledge and confidence.
Who should attend?
- Contact centre operatives
- Housing management staff and caretakers
- Staff who undertake estate visits
- Sheltered housing staff
- Repairs centre managers
- Customer inspectors
- Everyone from a non-technical background who wishes to increase their knowledge of construction.
Nancy Witham has more than 30 years experience within the Social Housing Sector. She delivers innovative, engaging interactive training to operational staff in Repairs & Maintenance, Neighbourhood, Customer Service and Business IT systems. Nancy’s style of training makes learning enjoyable and relevant and her training programmes receive consistently excellent feedback.
What previous delegates have said:
- "One of the best courses I have ever attended" – Warwick District Council
- "Excellent course. Would highly recommend. Trainer excellent" – Aster Group
- "Great trainer - very fun and interactive. Great at explaining things" – L&H Homes
- "Really great course. Exactly what I wanted" – Islington & Shoreditch Housing Association
This course will also be running on 19 August and 15 December 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Housing Management Network
The Health and Safety Network
The Leasehold Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.