Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Universal Credit – what you need to know now
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 13 May 2021 10:00
- End 13 May 2021 16:00
This practical course provides you with the latest knowledge and resources to give your customers accurate and effective advice on UC.
Now is the time to ensure all staff are up-to-date in their Universal Credit knowledge and confident to answer tenants’ questions.
2020 was an upsetting and anxious time for many people during which they saw significant changes to their income and job losses. In 2021 we are likely to see many more tenants who have not claimed UC before, having to do so now, and struggling to understand the process.
The training includes:
- The less than obvious similarities and differences between the old and new housing costs
- Exploring all the Alternative Payment Arrangements (APA) options and knowing how to apply
- Taking an in-depth journey through the monthly assessment period and how changes of circumstance affect entitlement
- How to maintain an online claim to prevent things going wrong
- Looking at the different conditionality groups to understand what claimants have to do in return for UC
- How sanctions and other deductions can affect your managed payment, who has priority and what the tenant can do to reduce them
- An update on the latest new rules put in place due to Covid.
Who should attend?
This course is essential for everyone who is new to UC, or has a very basic understanding, to improve their knowledge and skills.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
This course will also be running on 3 August 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.