Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Universal Credit in action: Taking it to the next level
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 14 Sep 2021 10:00
- End 14 Sep 2021 16:00
Have you attended the Complete Works of UC or What You Need to Know Now course? Do you want to take your knowledge up to the next level?
Here’s the next step, UC in action. This session takes all that you have learned builds on it. It looks at the common problem areas of UC and the practical resolutions that staff can use when working with tenants on UC.
You will learn:
- Who’s missing out
- What to do about missing elements, wrong amounts, non-dependants
- What can be done about closed new claims and delays
- Problems for employees and how to deal with them (having no/reduced wages, getting back to work/starting work, late payment of wages)
- Problems for self-employed and how to deal with them (no income, SEISS lump sum payment, surplus earnings, PAYE earnings and reclaims)
- Work related requirements and sanctions and how to deal with them
- When a problem can be resolved by complaint, mandatory reconsideration, appeal or the Independent Case Examiner
- Overpayments and how to deal with them.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants to develop their understanding and knowledge and take it to the next level.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.