Chat with us live
Key to training icons
The essentials of housing association finance – for non-finance experts and those new to the sector
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 06 May 2021 10:00
- End 06 May 2021 12:30
Housing finance can be tricky to get to grips with. Whilst the basic financial principles are similar to other sectors there are particular issues that all managers need to be aware of and understand.
This half-day course covers everything you need to know about housing association finance. Explained in straightforward language, it's geared to all operational managers.
This course provides a good foundation for managers wanting to improve their financial understanding.
Sessions will cover:
- Sources of income
- Capital and revenue expenditure
- Development appraisals
- Budgeting and business planning including covenants
- Management accounts
- Financial statements
- How the regulator monitors RPs' finances
- Other key stakeholders.
What will delegates learn?
- Financial principles underlying social housing and housing associations
- Financial terms explained
- Key diary dates, regulatory requirements and obligations – and the implications for operational managers
- What to consider when putting a budget together
- How to read and interpret management accounts and the financial statements.
Who should attend?
Essential for all managers, regardless of service area, wanting to improve their understanding of finance. Ideal for those new in post, new to the sector as well as everyone wanting to refresh their knowledge.
Ian Parker has worked in the public sector for 40 years. During his career he has worked in senior positions in local government and has been the Finance Director at four RPs. Ian has worked as a consultant for the last eight years and during that period has:
- Developed HQN's VfM metric model
- Provided advice to clients about the sector's VfM agenda
- Undertaken in excess of 40 mock In Depth Assessments (IDAs)
- Developed HQN's merger model.
Ian is HQN's Lead Finance Associate and in that role he provides advice to members of the Housing Finance Network and also ensures that they receive relevant news and technical updates.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £200.00 *
2 delegates: £175.00 *
3+: £150.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £175.00 *
2 delegates: £150.00 *
3+: £125.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.