Chat with us live
The complete works of Universal Credit
- Type HQN Training
- Venue DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol City Centre, Redcliffe Way, Bristol, BS1 6NJ
- Start 23 May 2019 10:00
- End 23 May 2019 16:00
Updated to cover all 2019 Universal Credit changes
This practical course provides crucial insight into the strengths and weaknesses of Universal Credit. Everything you need to know to provide direction to staff and tenants and base key decisions on.
Like Shakespeare’s plays:
- Universal Credit makes us think about major problems that seem to be common to people at different times. We’ll explain the many pitfalls of Universal Credit so you and your tenants avoid them
- Many have wished the language were easier to understand so things don’t get lost in translation. We’ll help you understand the language and what it means to be a ‘claimant’
- The course is exciting with games, real-life case studies and practice sessions. It’ll keep your attention at all times.
- “To APA, or not to APA: that is the question” – considering options
- “O housing costs, housing costs, where for art thou housing costs” – ensuring you get housing costs from the beginning of the claim, and backdating
- “Now is the migration of our discontent” – looking at how migration will be managed
- “Is this a sanction I see before me” – how much, what the tenant can do and the impact on managed payments
- “The course of claim management never did run smooth” – what can go wrong during a claim, how to identify problems and how they can be resolved
- “If conditionality be the rule of benefit, sign on” – looking at the different groups and understanding what claimants have to do in return for UC
- “Shall I compare thee to a legacy benefit” – the similarities and differences between the old and new benefit systems
- “Be not afraid of overpayments” – what can be challenged and how.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
This course will also be running in London and Manchester.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.