Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Team leader and manager refresher
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 20 Sep 2021 10:00
- End 20 Sep 2021 15:00
Team leaders play a crucial role in organisations. It can also be a complex and challenging role, and this participative workshop will focus on the task of balancing the relationship between teams and management.
The team leader role requires tact, problem solving and talent management, all delivered in a confident and efficient manner.
This workshop takes a detailed look at what team leaders require in terms of skills, knowledge and personal abilities to be the best they can be. It also provides an opportunity to explore the ‘obstacles’ which could prevent team leaders performing to their full potential.
By attending this course team leaders will:
- Explore the value of role modelling positive workplace behaviours
- Enhance their range of communication skills, and knowledge of how to use them
- Focus on motivational and coaching style management techniques – getting the best from teams
- Find out how to self-audit, to appreciate their strengths and develop themselves
- Understand how to link objectives to performance.
Our one-day ‘intensive’ will equip your team leaders with practical tools and techniques they can put into practice immediately.
- Soft skills and hard skills – learning the best of development and technical theory for team leading
- Building team trust – tools and practical application
- Understanding performance management approaches
- Motivating and coaching methods and the value for a team leader.
Who should attend?
- New team leaders
- People aspiring to be a team leader
- Experienced team leaders who need a boost.
Jo Carr is a trainer, coach and development consultant with a 25 year career in leadership, management and staff development. Jo currently works with clients in the private and public sectors and has experience in social housing as both a senior leader and project manager. Jo’s specialism is behavioural change utilising a creative and adaptive approach. She uses her skills as an ILM coach and lifelong learning specialist to create and deliver stimulating and effective learning products.
What previous delegates have said:
- "Very engaging session, time whizzed by" – Metropolitan Housing Trust
- "Great trainer, loved her enthusiasm and presentation skills, very friendly and informative" – Camden London Borough
- "The course was very good" – Bracknell Forest Borough Council
This course will also be running on 7 December 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of all networks.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.