Chat with us live
Key to training icons
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 09 Sep 2021 09:30
- End 09 Sep 2021 15:00
There are now around 320,000 shared ownership properties in management in the UK – up from 200,000. And the number is growing: the Housing Revenue borrowing cap has been lifted for local authorities; opportunities for development are now a real possibility, and that is likely to include shared ownership and more and more housing associations are entering the shared ownership market too.
Various schemes operate around the country, with a mixed reputation and differing levels of success. Make sure you’re fully up to speed with the latest best practice. This practical course will cover everything you need to know from getting a scheme off the ground, marketing and selling properties effectively and day to day management.
Ideal for everyone involved in shared ownership – both as a refresher and for anyone new to this tenure.
Learn the lessons from the past and keep abreast with all the changes.
The course will cover
- The expectations of Homes England (the Government’s funding authority) in developing and selling shared ownership properties
- How best to work with Help to Buy Agents (formerly known as Homebuy agents)
- Good practice and requirements – marketing and selling shared ownership properties
- How shared ownership leases differ from other leases in management – specifically rent review, assignment, staircasing, income recovery, re-mortgages.
Who should attend
Everyone working in:
- Shared ownership from development
- Sales and marketing
- Management and maintenance.
Ideal as a refresher and those new to shared ownership, for housing association and local authority staff.
Helen Muir has extensive experience in the housing sector having worked in senior roles for two large housing groups, where her responsibilities included sales programme delivery and the management of over 5,000 shared ownership/leasehold homes, as well as leading on anti money laundering process and procedure.
Helen has worked as a trainer and consultant since 2012 specialising in affordable home ownership, leasehold management, Right to Buy and anti money laundering. She has provided interim management and strategic and operational support to a number of registered providers, local authorities and private sector companies and is HQN’s lead on anti money laundering.
Get £50 off per delegate by entering #SUMMER50 when booking.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Leasehold Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.