Chat with us live
Key to training icons
S.20 consultation – how to do it correctly so you can recover the costs of repairs and improvements from leaseholders and tenants
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 01 Dec 2020 09:30
- End 01 Dec 2020 15:00
The aim of this training is to provide officers with an understanding of how different activities carried out by different parts of the business can impact on an organisation’s ability to fully recover “eligible” costs from both leaseholders and tenants.
This one-day course will cover:
- Understanding the contractual position for both tenants and leaseholders
- The Right to Buy offer notice (S125) – its importance for ensuring full recovery of costs
- The S.20 consultation process in detail for major works, long-term contracts and major works within long-term contracts, responsive repairs. The pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Best practice in dealing with emergency works
- S.20 case law and best practice
- S.20B (18month ‘rule’) – how it works in practice, pro-active practices to ensure you are ahead of the game
- How to enhance the consultation process – to avoid challenges at the First Tier Tribunal
- Using the First Tier Tribunal as a ‘tool’ in ensuring the recovery of costs.
Who should attend?
All officers with responsibility for:
- Designing, planning and delivery of planned maintenance and improvement work programmes
- The delivery of the responsive repairs contract
- Procurement and contract management of long-term contracts and tenders for works
- Legal officers and leasehold officers
- Officers dealing with RTB applications and notices.
Jackie Dickins has been an HQN Associate since 2001 and is our lead consultant for HQN’s Leasehold Network. Prior to this she held positions at a London borough and two large housing associations based in London, where she was responsible for leasehold management and promoting work in the field of low-cost home ownership initiatives. Jackie undertakes many of HQN’s service reviews and service improvement work on leaseholder and home ownership. She has also worked in interim positions with a number of local authorities, arm’s length management organisations and housing associations as head of home ownership/home ownership manager.
Jackie also runs pre-exam workshops at associate and member level for the Institute of Residential Property Managers (IRPM) and is delivering training for apprentices seeking associate membership of the IRPM.
Jackie is responsible for developing, and is a lead assessor of HQN's leasehold accreditation scheme.
This course will also be running on 7 October 2020.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Leasehold Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.