Chat with us live
Repairs diagnostic questioning – a masterclass for non-technical housing officers
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Manchester
- Start 09 May 2019 10:00
- End 09 May 2019 16:00
An essential course for all front line repairs handlers and organisations striving for excellence in repairs reporting. This session will consider the effective handling of repair requests across the top 50+ most recognised and commonly reported housing repairs.
The course has been specifically designed to develop and enhance skills as well as technical knowledge. Staff will get to know the right questions to ask and what to note down when ordering or chasing repairs. It's key to getting repairs 'right first time'.
Delegates will learn about:
- The important role front line officers play in the repairs process
- The ‘right first time’ culture and what’s involved
- Effective questioning and diagnosis of the 50 most commonly reported repairs across the various trades
- Building terminology
- How to give timely and effective advice in order to protect the interests of the landlord eg emergencies, recharges, discretionary repairs
- The importance of information and accurate record keeping.
Scenarios will be based around frequently occurring repairs such as… ‘I have no hot or cold water, my boiler’s not working, my toilet will not flush… keeps running, my shower won’t work, my basin is blocked, I’ve got a leak, my bedroom’s full of damp, I’ve got mould on my walls, I’ve got no electric, my lights have gone off, my fan is faulty, my door’s jammed, my glass is damaged… my fence is down again…'
Who should attend?
A must for all staff from a non-technical background involved in housing repair requests:
- Customer contact centre staff
- Housing officers
- Clerical/administrative staff
- Performance and quality officers
- Estate and neighbourhood staff
- Support and sheltered housing staff
- Tenant liaison officers
- Contractor/DLO planners and admin staff.
Wayne Anderson is an expert lecturer, national conference speaker, chartered surveyor, arbitrator and consultant. His training sessions are lively, colourful and interactive and are based on extensive experience gained over 25 years with best practice organisations involved in the housing repairs and maintenance sector. Wayne has a reputation for simplifying complex issues and encouraging frontline staff to develop a deeper understanding of maintenance issues that can be applied confidently on a day-to-day basis.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.