Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Project management bootcamp – how to deliver a successful project
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 16 Mar 2021 10:00
- End 16 Mar 2021 15:00
Most organisations run projects – but under 40% of those projects are delivered on time, on budget and achieve their objectives.
A project has a much higher chance of success if the strategy is clear and everyone involved knows the principles of running a project. All members of the team need clarity on their roles and what is needed from others to ensure plans are effective. This training will give you the skills to ensure you plan all of this.
This course will be delivered in a single day – two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. It will lead you through the essentials of project management, why it is needed and what makes a project run well. The focus will be on techniques and actions needed to deliver high quality projects on time and budget. Delegates will leave the day with a comprehensive overview of project management and practical skills and templates to help your organisation accomplish success.
What will delegates learn?
- Differences between a project and business as usual
- Benefits of project management
- Project lifecycle and features of a successful project
- Roles within a project and characteristics of effective project teams
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Communication for results
- Outlining project scope and producing a plan
- Scheduling, monitoring and reporting
- Risk and issue management – and what to do when things go wrong
- Managing changes
- How to successfully conclude a project.
Who should attend?
- Everyone who wants to properly critique the way they are currently running projects and use practical project management tools and techniques that work
- The course is suitable for people who are new to project management or those who are working as a part of a project team
- The session content can be flexible and structured to consider the needs and experience level of those attending.
Ruth Walker-Cotton is a qualified project manager (APM PMQ), a member of the Association of Project Management and has an MSc in Strategic Project Management.
Ruth has extensive experience of writing and implementing strategies and managing campaigns and projects within the Charity, NHS and Housing sectors. She has successfully improved performance in a variety of sectors, through setting and achieving targets in partnership with key stakeholders.
Ruth is experienced in people management and loves designing and implementing systems and processes to ensure clarity and efficiency. Her main focus is project management – whether training a team or guiding them through a project – supporting businesses to improve their strategic and resource planning, working with them as they go through organisational change.
This course will also be running on 8 June 2021
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of all networks.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.