Chat with us live
Key to training icons
People skills for project managers
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 09 Feb 2021 09:30
- End 09 Feb 2021 12:30
How to engage and motivate to deliver a better project outcome – a one day workshop.
People are vital to the success of every project. Without their engagement and buy-in, even the best planned and managed project may not succeed – yet the essential skills needed to inspire, motivate and manage the individuals involved are too often neglected and overlooked. Most project management training and literature provides little guidance on how to best work with and influence people involved in your project.
This course will draw on well researched and proven methods from the fields of project management and organisational development. It will cover the key people skills needed to build and motivate your project team.
You will leave the day with practical tools and tips you can immediately apply to your project.
What will delegates learn?
- Current research on effective motivation and engagement in projects
- The vital link between strategy and projects
- Developing leadership styles to enhance engagement
- How to build and motivate your project team
- Dealing with problems that arise within a project team
- Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders
- Influencing without authority – working with people you don't manage
- Planning effective communications and creating feedback loops that work
- Managing competing demands
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who already understand the essentials of project management and who want to work more effectively with the people on their projects. It is an excellent follow up to the Project Management Bootcamp one day course.
Ruth Walker-Cotton is a qualified project manager (APM PMQ), a member of the Association of Project Management and has an MSc in Strategic Project Management.
Ruth has extensive experience of writing and implementing strategies and managing campaigns and projects within the Charity, NHS and Housing sectors. She has successfully improved performance in a variety of sectors, through setting and achieving targets in partnership with key stakeholders.
Ruth is experienced in people management and loves designing and implementing systems and processes to ensure clarity and efficiency. Her main focus is project management – whether training a team or guiding them through a project – supporting businesses to improve their strategic and resource planning, working with them as they go through organisational change.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £175.00 *
2 delegates: £150.00 *
3+: £125.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £150.00 *
2 delegates: £125.00 *
3+: £100.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.