Chat with us live
Key to training icons
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 19 Oct 2021 10:00
- End 19 Oct 2021 15:30
This course will introduce participants to the subject of modern day slavery, the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the different forms it can take. It will enable staff to develop skills to better identify and work with both adults or children who may have been exploited. It will provide an understanding of the processes for escalating concerns, recording and reporting procedures.
Delegates will learn
- What modern slavery is and how it fits within the context of safeguarding
- An overview of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and how other relevant legislation can be used to protect vulnerable adults and children
- Key safeguarding issues and how they relate to the Human Rights Act 1998
- A knowledge of the key indicators of modern slavery
- An understanding of the issues faced by different vulnerable groups
- The role of housing staff in responding to suspected cases.
The course will cover
- What is modern slavery? The background and context
- Forms of modern slavery, including trafficking, forced labour, servitude and slavery
- An overview of the legislation
- Modern slavery within the context of housing
- The root causes and the emotional, social and economic impact in the UK
- The staff role in identification and response
- Recording and reporting.
Who should attend?
Everyone working with service users who could be deemed as vulnerable, including all adults and young people. You should have an understanding of basic vulnerable adult safeguarding procedures; however, the course also includes an overview to refresh knowledge of basic concepts of abuse and safeguarding.
Tahira Hussain has extensive experience working in the statutory and voluntary sectors. She had a 16-year career in social work, mental health, community development, charity and the housing sector.
Tahira has a successful track record in consultancy, training and project management. As an experienced project manager Tahira has delivered a range of projects, these include equality and diversity, domestic abuse awareness and inclusion strategies. Tahira has worked across a range of customer groups, including young people foyers, care homes, sheltered schemes and refuges in a contractual and consultancy capacity delivering therapy support, engaging with service users and training staff. Tahira delivers one to one and group coaching to young people and families to develop confidence, increase self-esteem, develop goals and manage wellbeing.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.