Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Measuring the value of resident involvement
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 03 Aug 2021 09:30
- End 03 Aug 2021 15:00
Residents are the life blood of your organisation. Communicating with them, involving them and listening to them is the responsibility of everyone in the organisation – even those who have little or no frontline contact with residents.
The social housing sector has a long history of engaging with its residents and as it faces more challenging times the business case for resident involvement needs to be measured and fully understood by landlords.
So what have residents ever done for you? How do you measure the outcomes and impact of resident involvement to show just how valuable engagement is to your business?
On this course you will:
- Identify the key terms (inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact) and their meanings
- Explore how to show the value of resident involvement from the start by planning key outcomes
- Review your current process for measuring the value of resident involvement
- Identify how to measure impact
- Consider how to feedback outcomes to staff, residents and the board
- Reflect on your role in identifying business outcomes and impacts using resident involvement mechanisms and data.
Who should attend?
- All resident involvement staff
- Community involvement staff
- Housing services
- Asset management
- Maintenance staff and their managers.
Michael Guest is a well-established and sought-after consultant and trainer in housing. His expertise and experience extends across the housing sector, with specialisms in Governance and Resident Engagement. He is known for his highly professional, yet relaxed and approachable working style that lends itself in particular to learning and development assignments. This is combined with working comfortably at political and governance levels, through executive, management and operational staff and with involved residents and communities.
After holding a number of senior management positions in housing, Michael has for the last 26 years been Director of Michael Guest Associates Ltd., providing consultancy and training to the sector. A key aspect of this work is as part of HQN programmes since its inception.
Michael is a Chartered Housing Professional, Chartered Management Consultant and Chartered Manager. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing he is a:
- Regular Chair of and Lead Assessor on its Direct Finals Professional Interview Panels
- Registered CIH Mentor for Senior Housing Professionals
- Member of the Housing Academy, including as a trainer and as an Housing and Property Management Apprentices' Associate.
He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, the Royal Society for Public Health, the Chartered Management Institute, the Institute of Consulting, was awarded an MSc. (with Merit) in Leadership and Management in 2017, an MSc. (with Distinction) in Housing Studies in 2020 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance (with Distinction) in 2020.
Outside of housing, Michael is a Chair of School Governors, Chair of the Board of a Learning Partnership company of schools and Company Secretary of a Leaseholders' Company.
This course will also be runningon 7 October and 9 December 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Housing Management Network
The Residents' Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.