Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Managing remotely – how to lead your team brilliantly
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 06 Nov 2020 13:30
- End 06 Nov 2020 16:30
The session is geared specifically to teams who will be managing some or all of their team remotely.
How do you manage a person or team eﬀectively when you don’t physically see them often? This is particularly diﬃcult if the team is suddenly dispersed. This session will cover the essentials and allow you to think about how the dynamic of a team changes when people don’t all sit in the same physical space.
How do you as a leader manage this, keep people resilient and productive and support a strong sense of team? There will be practical advice on adapting your communication style to reassure and keep the team focused.
What the session will cover
- How to instil a strong sense of team purpose and why this is key to motivation
- How to keep your team focused and agree the core priorities
- Tips and techniques to run remote meetings brilliantly so everyone can contribute
- The kinds of distance issues to consider – physical, operational and affinity
- Why trust is fundamental and how to develop it
- The five questions you need to know the answer to and talk to your team about
- How to hold individuals to account and motivate to deliver
- How to help your team manage their anxiety, and keep up resilience.
Who should attend?
Anyone who leads teams based in different locations, or staff that work from home.
Emma Walker-Cotton is an award winning trainer specialising in leadership development. She has over 25 years experience of training design and delivery in both the public and private sector, including working as HR Director for Amnesty International. Emma is passionate about individuals having the opportunity to fulﬁl their potential and develop their resilience. She always ensures that participants leave the session with practical skills they can implement back in work.
If you would like to be added to our waiting list please email email@example.com.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £175.00 *
2 delegates: £150.00 *
3+: £125.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £150.00 *
2 delegates: £125.00 *
3+: £100.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Housing Quality Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.