Chat with us live
Introduction to social housing
- Type HQN Training
- Venue London
- Start 17 Jan 2019 10:00
- End 17 Jan 2019 16:00
This course aims to give housing staff, board members and involved residents a working knowledge of the context in which they operate and how we have arrived there. It will give delegates insight into the development of social housing as a sector and profession, and highlight current key operational concerns and external influences on service delivery.
Key elements of the training include:
- Locating social housing: understanding tenure in the UK
- Who provides social housing? Who is it for?
- Changing demographics and new challenges for the sector
- What is social housing and how did it develop? The Victorian philanthropists and early state intervention
- From the welfare state to a business focus: the reconfiguration of tenants as customers
- Housing management under the spotlight: delivering core services in context – key functions, key concerns
- Understanding service delivery: generic versus specialist working arrangements
- Social housing: professional concerns
- Who funds social housing and how are we accountable?
Who should attend?
All staff, board members and resident representatives new to the housing sector or wishing to update their knowledge in the rapidly changing housing world.
Michael Guest has extensive experience as a consultant and trainer in the housing sector. This extends across working with board members, staff and involved residents in many types of housing organisation. His own experience involves most roles in housing.
After Michael gained an MSc with Merit in June 2017 in Leadership and Management, he was awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Housing Studies with Merit in June 2018. He is well known for his approachable and participative style of training, ensuring that learning is retained and can be applied in practice.
This course will also be running in Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.