Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Introduction to leases and recovery of service charges
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 30 Sep 2021 09:30
- End 30 Sep 2021 15:00
Leasehold management can be complex and brings challenges that are not often encountered in more mainstream social housing provision. Delegates will learn the skills needed when dealing with a wide range of leasehold properties and understanding the challenges that they bring.
This course will cover:
- Core terms in a lease
- Variable service charges statutory control
- The Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act
- Service charge enforcement options
- Section 20 consultation
- The role of the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
What will you learn?
- Governing legislation and regulation
- Dealing with service charge challenges
- Service charge recovery methods
- Effectively managing leasehold services
- Importance of lease terms
- The impact of recent case law.
Who should attend?
All staff who are involved in dealing with
- Leasehold schemes
- Policy and procedure and recovering service charges
- Housing officers, housing managers, leasehold managers, heads of housing, and property services.
Jackie Dickins has been an HQN Associate since 2001 and is our lead consultant for HQN’s Leasehold Network. Prior to this she held positions at a London borough and two large housing associations based in London, where she was responsible for leasehold management and promoting work in the field of low-cost home ownership initiatives. Jackie undertakes many of HQN’s service reviews and service improvement work on leaseholder and home ownership. She has also worked in interim positions with a number of local authorities, arm’s length management organisations and housing associations as head of home ownership/home ownership manager.
Jackie also runs pre-exam workshops at associate and member level for the Institute of Residential Property Managers (IRPM) and is delivering training for apprentices seeking associate membership of the IRPM.
Jackie is responsible for developing, and is a lead assessor of HQN's leasehold accreditation scheme.
This course will also be running on 24 November 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Leasehold Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.