Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Gone but not forgotten – managing former tenant debt
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 06 Jul 2021 10:00
- End 07 Jul 2021 13:00
Efficient collection and recovery of former tenant arrears (FTA) must be a key part of any successful income management strategy.
The practical course is fully updated with the latest tips and ideas that will help you to:
- Minimise debt and maximise FTA collection
- Develop a proactive service that delivers value for money
- Boost individual and team effectiveness and performance
- Measure success and plan for the future.
What will you learn?
Tony Newman, RIEN lead, will provide you with a toolkit of resources and best practice examples.
He’ll take you through the FTA process ensuring you …
- Understand the causes of FTA and the impact on the business and customers
- Know how to prevent and minimise FTA
- Drive collection rates up through dynamic case management, using the latest technology and techniques from the commercial sector
- Use low-cost tracing facilities
- Learn the secrets of working with debt collection and tracing agents
- Work effectively with the Courts as part of the FTA recovery process
- Measure success and building upon it.
Who should attend?
Everyone involved in
- Prevention and collection of former tenant rent arrears
- Those advising residents on money management and benefit: income and rent arrears officers, housing officers, contact centre staff, estate and neighbourhood management staff, support workers, welfare benefit and debt advisers, and financial inclusion officers.
This online workshop is delivered via Zoom, over two days.
The timings for each day are:
10.00am to 13.00pm (break 11.20am to 11.40am)
Tony Newman is lead associate for HQN’s Rent Income Excellence Network, with extensive experience in industry, local government and social housing.
Having helped many organisations to achieve significant improvements in collection performance and customer focus, Tony brings an unrivalled, clear understanding of best practice in housing income management.
Tony developed HQN’s income management and former tenant arrears toolkits and accreditation service.
He is a member of the Chartered Institutes of Housing and Credit Management, regional representative for the Financial Health Exchange and a module leader and lecturer at the University of Salford.
This course will also be running on 21 & 22 October 2021.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Rent Income Excellence Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.