Chat with us live
Customer journey mapping
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Malmaison, 1-3 Piccadilly, MANCHESTER, M1 3AQ
- Start 25 Jun 2019 10:00
- End 25 Jun 2019 16:00
Ever wondered what it’s like to be one of your customers or residents? Ever test-driven your service or asked one of your customers in detail how it was for them?
Listening to residents’ views and acting on them is exactly what the Green Paper is looking for. How can you possibly know what your residents want, their priorities and how they feel when things don’t go as smoothly as they should do for them? All you need to do is to ask the right questions.
Journey mapping is the only way to truly understand the “customer experience”. It doesn’t have to be complicated, you don’t need to spend vast sums of money, you can make it part of your continuous improvement and insight-gathering processes. It's simple and easy once you know the basics.
Mapping isn’t just about your customers’ or residents’ experience. This tool can be used for all cross-cutting or inter-departmental services. You can use mapping for making decisions relating to people, infrastructure and budgets. It can also be used for developing new services so you ‘design out’ those annoying issues and get the service right even before it’s started.
If you want to plan an efficient and effective service, or you want to produce customer outcome-focused performance indicators and standards; if you have persistent and recurring complaints about a particular service, or if you need to target spending to the right places, then this tool will be invaluable to you.
This very practical course will cover:
- What is customer journey mapping? Understand when and why to map, and how it fits with business process modelling
- Challenging “we’ve always done it this way”
- Walking in your customers’ shoes: identify customer insight, understand how to structure the maps and identify touch points
- Meeting needs: identify the needs, expectations and behaviours at each touch point
- Mapping a sample journey: experience journey mapping for yourself
- Planning a mapping project in your organisation: create a plan for conducting a mapping exercise in a service area of your choice
- Deciding and acting – sharing your findings, prioritising, evaluating results and driving change using the top-down and bottom-up change agenda.
All participants will leave with a Customer Journey Mapping (CJM) tool kit and an action plan to get them started on their service improvement project
Who should attend?
All team leaders, managers, staff and volunteers who will be conducting customer journey mapping, or who need to understand the process.
Patricia has worked in housing for the past three decades, focussing on maximising access to quality services for people with a range of housing, social and support needs. She specialises in advising and supporting providers to develop and remodel services using modelling, customer journey and excellence practices. Her experience and expertise include:
- Working with providers to understand their customers’ experience of using their services, to remodel and optimise quality
- Developing quality assurance frameworks for several organisations, including the Centre for Housing & Support and Estuary Housing
- Developing and delivering training for staff across the UK and the Middle East across a range of business processes, including business process modelling, customer excellence, customer journey optimisation, resource management, negotiation skills and problem solving and decision making.
SOLD OUT. New date added – Wednesday 10 July 2019.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.