Chat with us live
Condensation, damp and mould – causes, cures and the courts
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Hilton Manchester Deansgate, 303 Deansgate, MANCHESTER, M3 4LQ
- Start 25 Sep 2019 10:00
- End 25 Sep 2019 16:00
This revised and updated condensation, damp and mould workshop builds on the enthusiastically received format previously delivered both in-house and at public training events across the length and breadth of the UK.
Revisiting existing understanding, dispelling myths and questioning existing generic, outdated and inappropriate advice often given to interested parties in the light of recent improvements to housing stock, the course provides delegates with an effective understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould in the light of impacting legislation, etc
What will you learn?
- An understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould
- Requisite impacting legislation and the implications of failure
- Rising damp – truth or myth?
- The diverse range of detection tools available such as moisture, carbide and capacitance meters, borescopes, hygrometer sticks and humidity boxes, etc
- Strategies for the effective removal/reduction of damp and mould problems
- How to communicate sound knowledge-based principles to affected parties
- How to protect parties’ interests and implement effective procedural guidance to combat failure.
The training is lively, practical and interactive and, most importantly, in tune with the increasing demands being placed on housing organisations and their technical and housing officers in meeting the challenges presented by this resource-draining aspect of their work.
Who will benefit?
Housing officers, maintenance and technical officers, property inspectors, home visitors, estate-based staff such as caretakers and neighbourhood officers, together with all customer-facing teams and their team leaders.
Wayne Anderson is an expert lecturer, national conference speaker, chartered surveyor, arbitrator and consultant. His training sessions are lively, colourful and interactive and are based on extensive experience gained over 25 years with best practice organisations involved in the housing repairs and maintenance sector. Wayne has a reputation for simplifying complex issues and encouraging frontline staff to develop a deeper understanding of maintenance issues that can be applied confidently on a day-to-day basis.
This course will also be running in London, Cardiff and Birmingham.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Map and directions:
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.