Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Condensation, damp and mould – causes, cures and the courts
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 10 Nov 2021 09:30
- End 10 Nov 2021 16:00
This revised and updated condensation, damp and mould workshop builds on the enthusiastically received format previously delivered both in-house and at public training events across the length and breadth of the UK.
Revisiting existing understanding, dispelling myths and questioning existing generic, outdated and inappropriate advice often given to interested parties in the light of recent improvements to housing stock, the course provides delegates with an effective understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould in the light of impacting legislation, etc.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of the causes, symptoms and cures associated with condensation, damp and mould
- Requisite impacting legislation and the implications of failure
- Rising damp – truth or myth?
- The diverse range of detection tools available such as moisture, carbide and capacitance meters, borescopes, hygrometer sticks and humidity boxes, etc
- Strategies for the effective removal/reduction of damp and mould problems
- How to communicate sound knowledge-based principles to affected parties
- How to protect parties’ interests and implement effective procedural guidance to combat failure.
The training is lively, practical and interactive and, most importantly, in tune with the increasing demands being placed on housing organisations and their technical and housing officers in meeting the challenges presented by this resource-draining aspect of their work.
Who should attend?
- Housing officers
- Maintenance and technical officers
- Property inspectors
- Home visitors
- Estate-based staff such as caretakers and neighbourhood officers
- Customer-facing teams and their team leaders.
Wayne Anderson is an expert lecturer, national conference speaker, chartered surveyor, arbitrator and consultant. His training sessions are lively, colourful and interactive and are based on extensive experience gained over 25 years with best practice organisations involved in the housing repairs and maintenance sector. Wayne has a reputation for simplifying complex issues and encouraging frontline staff to develop a deeper understanding of maintenance issues that can be applied confidently on a day-to-day basis.
This course will also be running on 20 January 2020.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Housing Management Network
The Residents' Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.