Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Communication skills masterclass
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 09 Nov 2021 09:30
- End 09 Nov 2021 15:00
This course is a synthesis of the most famous, widely used and evidence-based communication techniques that are available which can be applied in any situation.
- Understand motivational interviewing techniques - open questioning, reflective listening and summarising skills
- Explore NLP and how it can help understand our own and others’ communication style, body language and priority system
- Explore CBT and how to identify and address negative mindsets in ourselves, and others
- Understand what defence mechanisms are, how to spot and address them
- Learn how to use negative and use positive language effectively
- Explore transactional analysis skills, particularly the ‘Parent-adult-child’ model.
Who should attend?
Everyone at all levels and especially staff who deal with difficult or challenging situations.
- Front line staff
- Middle management
- Senior management.
Danny McGowan BSC, MSC has been involved in supporting people with substance misuse, mental health and other complex needs for over 20 years. He has developed experience in many specialist areas, such as working with hoarders and those with a dual diagnosis and has delivered training in techniques such as motivational interviewing and CBT. He has been delivering training for the housing sector for over a decade and has many years’ experience of developing client/customer involvement and peer mentoring schemes.
Danny uses a combination of his years of experience, current good practice guidelines and research evidence to deliver the topics he trains. He uses a holistic interactive training style that provides delegates with real skills and information, which they are then able to apply back in the workplace and beyond. He has delivered training and provided consultancy to numerous organisations during his career. Notable clients include the Department of Health, Department of Work and Pensions and the Home Office as well as housing organisations across the UK.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of all networks.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.