Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Case preparation and preparing for court
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 24 Feb 2022 10:00
- End 24 Feb 2022 16:00
Possession proceedings should be a last resort for landlords but sometimes its unavoidable. This workshop shows delegates how to ensure any action they take is both reasonable and proportionate.
Attending court can be stressful but vital to the outcome of a case. Delegates will leave feeling confident in preparing a case for court whether it is for rent arrears or ASB as well as how to prepare for attending court.
Who should attend?
This course is designed especially for staff who work in the housing field and undertake case work as well as anyone who attends the County Court, or who wants to learn about the process.
The session will cover:
- Understanding the County Court process in England
- Looking at the roles and responsibilities of witnesses, advocates and Judges
- Impact of Covid-19 – changes to the court process
- Understanding the notice periods when serving notice seeking possession
- Importance of complying with pre-action protocol for rent cases
- Importance of carrying our equality/proportionality assessment for ASB cases
- Understanding the legal processes – from serving a notice to eviction by bailiffs
- How to prepare for ‘review hearing’
- Good practice for attending court
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses in the evidence
- Do’s and don’ts for witnesses
- Case studies/mock hearing
- Supporting vulnerable witnesses.
What will delegates learn?
Delegates will understand the importance of:
- Case preparation to secure the best outcome
- Knowing your case inside out
- Identifying weaknesses in evidence
- Confidence (and how to be more confident) in attendance at court.
Aisha Akhtar qualified as a lawyer in 2009 having taken a keen interest in social housing. She has worked both in-house and in private practice. She joined Network Homes in October 2017 as their in-house social housing expert. She manages a team and deals with all housing management matters.
She has been a board member for a housing association previously in East London and is currently an Advisory Board member for Inspirited Minds (a mental health Charity).
She has delivered training sessions throughout the country on various topics throughout her career. She regularly delivers both public and tailor made in-house training to various HAs and LAs.
Aisha really enjoys delivering training and empowering people, she makes the sessions interactive so there is an exchange of ideas so delegates leave feeling confident in implementing positive change.
If you would like to be added to our waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email email@example.com
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.