Chat with us live
Asset management masterclass
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Mercure Manchester Piccadilly
- Address Portland Street, M1 4PH
- Start 17 May 2018 10:00
- End 17 May 2018 16:00
Asset management is coming under closer and more detailed scrutiny by the regulator. The regulator’s feedback on value for money self-assessments has been in many cases critical of providers’ knowledge, management and forward planning in relation to their dwelling stock.
Effective asset management is critical to both local authorities and housing associations, and one of the key ways you can demonstrate you are managing your stock effectively is by having an up-to-date, fully developed asset management strategy in place. We’ll show you how to prepare or update your strategy.
What the course will cover:
Our masterclass will deal with the practical problems you face. We’ll look at the current key issues in the sector including high profile compliance issues. We will give practical guidance for drafting or updating an asset management strategy, including:
- Key elements and good practice in an asset management strategy
- Common mistakes and missing elements in the strategy
- Linkages to 30 year or HRA business plans
- An overview of best practice and current typical operating costs:
- What does good value for money look like in repairs and asset management?
- How do your costs compare?
- Use of your stock condition database, stock sustainability and modelling
- Find out the regulator’s views about active asset management and how others are tackling this
- Rate of return on your assets – how can you carry out an assessment; what models and tools are available?
- What does the regulator mean by adopting a ‘granular approach’?
- Future challenges – our assessment of the big and emerging issues over the next three to five years.
Who should attend?
Everyone working operationally or strategically in asset management, property services and housing strategy, and those responsible for managing stock condition databases and investment resource planning.
Kevin Bentley will share with you the latest information and best practice, and his wealth of experience in asset management, repairs and maintenance costs and key asset management drivers.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £250.00
2 delegates: £225.00
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.