Chat with us live
Key to training icons
Asset management masterclass
- Type Public training - virtual
- Venue Virtual training
- Start 24 Aug 2021 10:00
- End 24 Aug 2021 16:00
Asset management is coming under closer and more detailed scrutiny by the regulator. The regulator’s feedback on Value for Money self-assessments has been in many cases critical of providers’ knowledge, management and forward planning in relation to their dwelling stock.
Effective asset management is critical to both local authorities and housing associations, and one of the key ways you can demonstrate you are managing your stock effectively is by having an up-to-date, fully developed asset management strategy in place. We’ll show you how to prepare or update your strategy.
What the course will cover:
Our masterclass will deal with the practical problems you face. We’ll look at the current key issues in the sector including high profile compliance issues. We will give practical guidance for drafting or updating an asset management strategy, including:
- Key elements and good practice in an asset management strategy
- Common mistakes and missing elements in the strategy
- Linkages to 30 year or HRA business plans
- An overview of best practice and current typical operating costs:
- What does good value for money look like in repairs and asset management?
- How do your costs compare?
- Use of your stock condition database, stock sustainability and modelling
- Find out the regulator’s views about active asset management and how others are tackling this
- Rate of return on your assets – how can you carry out an assessment; what models and tools are available?
- What does the regulator mean by adopting a ‘granular approach’?
- Future challenges – our assessment of the big and emerging issues over the next three to five years.
Who should attend?
Everyone working operationally or strategically in asset management, property services and housing strategy, and those responsible for managing stock condition databases and investment resource planning.
Kevin Bentley is an expert on procurement and contract management. Kevin will share his wealth of practical experience of the process as well as ways of improving performance and productivity, driving down costs and raising satisfaction. He will approach the subject from a practical operational perspective, and will also cover procurement, value for money and the role of residents.
This course will also be running on 26 October and 14 December 2021.
Get £50 off per delegate by entering #SUMMER50 when booking.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT.
Cancellations and substitutions:
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable.
If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.