Chat with us live
- Type HQN Training
- Venue Manchester
- Start 06 Feb 2019 09:00
- End 06 Feb 2019 16:00
Specifically designed for the social housing sector incorporating asbestos awareness with duty to manage.
The one day course provides delegates with an understanding of asbestos awareness and the legislative requirements of asbestos management.
This one day training session has been tailored to combine the asbestos awareness course but also acknowledge the differences that surround asbestos management within the social housing sector and what has to be done to comply with Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 as well as other legislation that exists once we enter individual dwellings.
On successful completion, delegates should:
- Be familiar with types, uses, risks and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings
- Be familiar with the requirements as set out in CAR 2012 with regard to responsibilities
- Understand the requirements for asbestos surveys and different types of surveys
- Be familiar with the results of an asbestos survey, how to decipher the information contained within the asbestos survey report
- Understand the need for (and how to create) an asbestos management plan and its use
- Understand the difference between licensed and non-licensed work with asbestos
- Understand the types and uses of air monitoring and the role of the analytical companies.
Who should attend?
This course is for everyone with ‘duty to manage’ responsibilities for asbestos and responsibility for protecting the people who work in such premises. Whether you’re an asset director, manager or team leader, planned and responsive maintenance manager, voids manager, health and safety officer or adviser, surveyor, or you work in aids and adaptations, this is an essential training course for you.
Matt Dawes has been involved with asbestos compliance for the past 15 years. He holds various proficiency modules relating to asbestos and is a Certified competent person for asbestos.
In addition to his involvement with asbestos consultancy, Matt operated as asset systems surveyor for a Social Housing Provider 2006-2009 where one of the core responsibilities was asbestos management.
This course will also be running in London.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.