Chat with us live
- Event TypePublic Training - Wales
- Start23 Feb 2021 10:00
- End23 Feb 2021 16:00
Efficient collection and recovery of former tenant arrears (FTA) must be a key part of any successful income management strategy.
The practical course is fully updated with the latest tips and ideas that will help you to:
- Minimise debt and maximise FTA collection
- Develop a proactive service that delivers value for money
- Boost individual and team effectiveness and performance
- Measure success and plan for the future.
What will you learn?
Tony Newman, RIEN lead, will provide you with a toolkit of resources and best practice examples.
He’ll take you through the FTA process ensuring you …
- Understand the causes of FTA and the impact on the business and customers
- Know how to prevent and minimise FTA
- Drive collection rates up through dynamic case management, using the latest technology and techniques from the commercial sector
- Use low-cost tracing facilities
- Learn the secrets of working with debt collection and tracing agents
- Work effectively with the Courts as part of the FTA recovery process
- Measure success and building upon it.
Who should attend?
Everyone involved in the prevention and collection of former tenant rent arrears, those advising residents on money management and benefit:
- Income and rent arrears officers
- Housing officers
- Contact centre staff
- Estate and neighbourhood management staff
- Support workers
- Welfare benefit and debt advisers
- Financial inclusion officers.
Tony Newman is lead associate for HQN’s Rent Income Excellence Network, with extensive experience in industry, local government and social housing.
Having helped many organisations to achieve significant improvements in collection performance and customer focus, Tony brings an unrivalled, clear understanding of best practice in housing income management.
Tony developed HQN’s income management and former tenant arrears toolkits and accreditation service.
He is a member of the Chartered Institutes of Housing and Credit Management, regional representative for the Financial Health Exchange and a module leader and lecturer at the University of Salford.
This course will also be running on 10 February and 16 February 2021.find out more
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Key to who should attend:
Suitable for staff of all levels
This course will be particularly relevant to members of:
The Rent Income Excellence Network
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.