Chat with us live
Unlocking construction – basic techniques for non-technical staff
- Type Public Training - South
- Venue London
- Start 04 Dec 2019 10:00
- End 04 Dec 2019 16:00
This is a highly interactive, one-day course for all non-technical staff who would like to improve their knowledge and raise their confidence when dealing with contractors, technical staff and customers regarding construction and maintenance issues.
What will delegates learn?
- How basic construction works
- How to diagnose basic construction problems
- How to recognise potential maintenance problems
- How to recognise issues relating to health and safety in construction
- How to communicate more effectively regarding technical issues
- How to handle repair requests more efficiently
- How to discuss technical issues more effectively and gain confidence
- How to speak knowledgeably regarding construction and maintenance
- How to get it right first time, saving money and resources.
This course will cover:
The training is delivered through a series of interactive sessions and covers all major trades:
- Environmental works.
Specific to each trade, delegates will be able to:
- Ask the right questions to make a valid assessment regarding construction/maintenance issues
- Identify the various types of repairs applicable to each trade
- Diagnose potential problems on estate visits with greater accuracy
- Give the right advice
- Identify and assess the potential risks regarding health and safety
- Understand the basics, including materials and techniques used
- Speak with knowledge and confidence.
Who should attend?
- Contact centre operatives
- Housing management staff and caretakers
- Staff who undertake estate visits
- Sheltered housing staff
- Repairs centre managers
- Customer inspectors
- Everyone from a non-technical background who wishes to increase their knowledge of construction.
Nancy Witham has more than 30 years experience within the Social Housing Sector. She delivers innovative, engaging interactive training to operational staff in Repairs & Maintenance, Neighbourhood, Customer Service and Business IT systems. Nancy’s style of training makes learning enjoyable and relevant and her training programmes receive consistently excellent feedback.
What previous delegates have said:
- "One of the best courses I have ever attended" – Warwick District Council
- "Excellent course. Would highly recommend. Trainer excellent" – Aster Group
- "Great trainer - very fun and interactive. Great at explaining things" – L&H Homes
- "Really great course. Exactly what I wanted" – Islington & Shoreditch Housing Association
This course will also be running in Bristol, Manchester and Newcastle.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.