Chat with us live
Tenancy management – the essential guide for housing officers
- Type Public Training - North
- Venue Princess Street Hotel, 18-24 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 4LG
- Start 19 Nov 2019 10:00
- End 19 Nov 2019 16:00
Are you new to the field of housing and wondering what your job will involve? Have you been a housing officer for a while and would like to know that you are dealing with tenancy management issues effectively? If so, then this is the course for you!
Housing officers have a challenging role, dealing with different issues every day. This course is your survival manual for making sure you are confident that you are supporting your tenants when you should and using enforcement when it is necessary.
What will delegates learn?
- How to effectively deal with tenancy management issues
- Practical skills to support tenants who need help in managing their tenancy
- Techniques to investigate tenancy issues
- Confidence that when enforcement is necessary, you will have done all you can.
This course will cover:
- Real issues faced by housing officers
- Provide real solutions to help you carry out your job
- Untidy gardens
- Abandoned vehicles
- How to tackle no access cases
- Changes to the tenancy agreement – joint to sole and sole to joint
- How to deal with abandonment
- When to support and when to enforce
- Practical advice
- Case studies to practice real scenarios.
Who should attend?
Housing officers who are new to the role and those who want more confidence tackling tenancy management issues in a social housing context.
Mel Cant trained as a barrister and specialises in social housing law. After ten years in the legal profession, she spent a further ten working within local government, predominantly in the areas of homelessness, housing advice and allocations and lettings, as both a practitioner and consultant. She has been the Homelessness Review Officer for City of York Council for nearly ten years and undertakes the s202 reviews for all but one of the other North Yorkshire authorities.
This course will also be running in London.
SOLD OUT. To join our waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price per delegate
1 delegate: £275.00 *
2 delegates: £250.00 *
3+: £225.00 *
Members of any HQN network:
1 delegate: £250.00 *
2 delegates: £225.00 *
3+: £200.00 *
*Prices include refreshments and lunch, and are subject to VAT at the applicable rate.
Map and directions
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.