Chat with us live
Product of the month – November
HQN’s product of the month – a training package designed to help organisations achieve real and lasting improvements.
Housing disrepair – product of the month
Do you want to increase customer satisfaction and reduce disrepair claims?
This course will de-mystify the legal haze of statutory obligations placed on landlords to repair properties, and the consequences of ignoring them. It will also examine the implications that tenancy agreements and handbooks have for disrepair claims and the difference between an ‘improvement’ and ‘disrepair’, which can often be crucial in disrepair claims.
This course will cover:
- The Landlord and Tenant Act section 11
- The impact of tenancy terms
- Disrepair vs improvements
- The risk of ignoring complaints
- Disrepair pre-action protocol
- Relevant case law
- Overview of other statutory obligations.
You will learn:
- The landlord’s legal responsibilities
- How tenancy contracts enhance repair obligations
- Minimising the risk of a claim
- Potential defences
- Case management
- Notification of a repair.
Who should attend?
All staff who are involved in dealing with asset management or who manage those that are, including heads of service, asset managers, tenancy management officers, repairs managers, repairs officers, and team leaders.
Click on the image below to find out more and to book.