Chat with us live
Product of the month – September
HQN’s product of the month – a training package designed to help organisations achieve real and lasting improvements.
Excellence in procurement and contract management
Achieve excellence through your contracts and achieve value for money.
These are economically challenging times. We’re all busy reducing costs so it’s easy to lose sight of quality. But getting this balance right is crucial – repairs and estate services are the most frequently complained about services. Poor procurement and contract management is often at the root – organisations struggle with managing contracts and contractors effectively.
Intermediate level course:
Designed to help staff improve and develop effective procurement and contract management skills. It covers the principles, the process, the detail and the practicalities, and applies them all to effective procurement and contract management.
It is applicable to reactive repairs, planned and investment works as well as estate services, grounds maintenance and caretaking – whether your services are delivered by in-house teams or external contractors.
You’ll hear about all the problems and common pitfalls and the solutions:
- Internal and external rules around procurement
- How to establish an effective contract management system
- Performance management and use of KPIs
- What to do when things do wrong
- Negotiating and achieving improvement from contractors
- Achieving value for money
- The role of residents in procurement and monitoring
- Practical sessions and workshops based on real scenarios
- Procurement and social value.
Who should attend?
Everyone up to middle managers with responsibility for maintenance and estate services, including staff teams, team leaders and managers from housing management, maintenance, estate services, operations, procurement, service and policy monitoring, community development and anti-social behaviour.
Click on the images below to find out more and to book.