This practical course provides crucial insight into the strengths and weaknesses of Universal Credit. Everything you need to know to provide direction to staff and tenants and base key decisions on.
Like Shakespeare’s plays:
- Universal Credit makes us think about major problems that seem to be common to people at different times. We’ll explain the many pitfalls of Universal Credit so you and your tenants avoid them
- Many have wished the language were easier to understand so things don’t get lost in translation. We’ll help you understand the language and what it means to be a ‘claimant’
- The course is exciting with games, real-life case studies and practice sessions. It’ll keep your attention at all times.
- “To APA, or not to APA: that is the question” – considering options
- “O housing costs, housing costs, where for art thou housing costs” – ensuring you get housing costs from the beginning of the claim, and backdating
- “Now is the migration of our discontent” – looking at how migration will be managed
- “Is this a sanction I see before me” – how much, what the tenant can do and the impact on managed payments
- “The course of claim management never did run smooth” – what can go wrong during a claim, how to identify problems and how they can be resolved
- “If conditionality be the rule of benefit, sign on” – looking at the different groups and understanding what claimants have to do in return for UC
- “Shall I compare thee to a legacy benefit” – the similarities and differences between the old and new benefit systems
- “Be not afraid of overpayments” – what can be challenged and how.
Click on the image below to find out more and to book.