Chat with us live
People skills for project managers – half-day course
How to engage and motivate to deliver a better project outcome
People skills for project managers
People are vital to the success of every project. Without their engagement and buy-in, even the best planned and managed project may not succeed – yet the essential skills needed to inspire, motivate and manage the individuals involved are too often neglected and overlooked. Most project management training and literature provides little guidance on how to best work with and influence people involved in your project.
This course will draw on well researched and proven methods from the fields of project management and organisational development. It will cover the key people skills needed to build and motivate your project team.
You will leave the day with practical tools and tips you can immediately apply to your project.
What will delegates learn?
- Current research on effective motivation and engagement in projects
- The vital link between strategy and projects
- Developing leadership styles to enhance engagement
- How to build and motivate your project team
- Dealing with problems that arise within a project team
- Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders
- Influencing without authority – working with people you don't manage
- Planning effective communications and creating feedback loops that work
- Managing competing demands
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who already understand the essentials of project management and who want to work more effectively with the people on their projects. It is an excellent follow up to the Project Management Bootcamp one day course.