About Penningtons Manches Cooper
Penningtons Manches Cooper is a leading UK and international law firm, with a social housing team comprising over 80 lawyers able to advise across all legal disciplines.
The firm has 130 partners and over 880 employees. Its offices are in the City of London, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Cambridge, Guildford, Oxford and Reading together with an overseas network in Madrid, Paris, Piraeus and Singapore.
Their social housing sector is a renowned, respected and thriving practice. They are proud of the focused and personal service they offer to housing associations who rely on them to combine clear business oriented advice with a sense of social responsibility.
Their clients include housing associations ranging from organisations with less than 1,000 homes to some of the largest housing providers in the country, local authorities, local housing companies, and private developers and consultants active in the sector.
Benefits of working with Penningtons Manches Cooper
- They give clear, speedy and jargon-free advice – they won’t sit on the fence so that it’s easier for you to make decisions that will positively impact your business
- They are cost conscious – they know that the sector is under pressure and they regularly monitor their pricing models against the competition to ensure that you are receiving value for money
- They like to innovate and look for ways that technology can help support their clients so that they can continue to deliver an excellent service and pass on any cost savings
- Their substantial and specialist team has worked in the sector for many years and understands the challenges it faces with ever changing regulatory and government demands
- Many of their lawyers are recognised as leaders in their field by the leading legal directories, The Legal 500 and Chambers UK and so you can be assured of top quality advice.
Working in Partnership
They are proud to work alongside HQN and support our continuing mission to provide high-quality advice, tailored support and training to housing associations, councils and ALMOs.
For HQN members, they are pleased to offer an initial 15 minutes’ free advice on a specialist area of their choosing. Their lawyers can provide advice on a wide range of matters including:
- Commercial law, IP and IT
- Commercial property and asset management
- Construction and procurement
- Corporate governance
- Employment and pensions
- Finance and treasury
- Housing management
- Sales and home ownership
To take up this offer, please email [email protected] with a brief outline of the matter you’d like to discuss.
Get in touch
T: 020 7457 3048
Caroline Barry, Business Development Manager, has worked with lawyers and clients in the social housing sector for over ten years. She has a particular interest in working with clients in the sector to deliver their social value plans and supports Penningtons Manches Cooper’s 80-strong social housing team with their business development objectives.