Chat with us live
How to handle media interviews with confidence.
Housing issues frequently hit the headlines. This can be at short notice and for both positive and negative reasons. No matter what the situation, whether you are engaging with local media or national news, this course will prepare you for all eventualities.
- Increase participants’ confidence in doing media interviews, whatever their previous experience
- Help participants prepare for and deliver interviews for a range of media outlets including newspapers, TV and radio.
Our trainer has decades of experience to share with you in journalism and content production for major broadcasters and news organisations.
There is a big practical element to the session devoted to recording and reviewing practice interviews with the course leader and in peer groups.
The session will include:
- What reporters want from an interview: how to be clear, authentic and concise
- How interviewees can best prepare: the principle of fairness to interviewees and how that helps
- What to expect on the day: microphones, cameras, and journalists on a deadline
- Nerves and how to deal with them: simple techniques for keeping your cool
- What to do if things go wrong: fluffs, blanks, gaffes, and wardrobe malfunctions
- Remote interviews (eg Zoom): five tips to deliver a great video conference interview.
Who should attend?
Anyone at any level and with any degree of experience who is expected to interact with the media.