Chat with us live
GDPR – two years on
GDPR has now been in force for two years. 25 May 2018 was marked by messages of impending doom and the threat of extortionate fines for organisations if they did not comply. Not to mention millions of emails from organisations that you hadn’t heard from in years asking for consent to process your data.
GDPR – 18 months on
So… two years on, what has the practical impact of GDPR been on the social housing sector?
This interactive course will be looking at the latest developments in GDPR as well as what has been learnt from the first two years focusing on:
- The common pitfalls in the sector and how to avoid them
- How to effectively manage a data breach, and
- How you can measure your organisation’s compliance with GDPR.
Sessions will cover:
- GDPR – a look back to May 2018 – what changed
- Fast forward to two years later – where are we now and what has happened
- The challenges which the social housing sector has faced
- Are you on the right track? Practical tools and techniques to help you stay on the right side of the law.
What will delegates learn?
- A refresher about the changes resulting from GDPR and what they have meant in practical terms to the social housing sector
- The latest developments in GDPR
- The common pitfalls with GDPR compliance and how to avoid them
- Dealing with breaches
- Measuring your organisation’s compliance against the GDPR toolkit.
Who should attend?
This course provides a good foundation for data protection officers, directors, managers and board members wanting to:
- Improve their understanding of GDPR,
- Check their organisation’s compliance and
- Learn lessons from the last two years.
Ideal for those new in post, new to the sector as well as everyone wanting to refresh their knowledge.