Chat with us live
This practical workshop is designed to guide staff to be able to help tenants build their resilience, wellbeing and confidence in managing their money so crises are less likely to happen.
It focuses on a preventative, strengths-based approach and incorporates CBT and Motivational Interviewing techniques to help tenants gain new perspectives on their spending and understand their influences and values – and as a result identify where they can make changes. Staff can help tenants build the skills needed to understand they have choice, control and feel empowered to make better financial decisions moving forward.
What the session covers:
- Helping tenants understand their money patterns and influences
- Goal setting
- Separating needs, obligations and wants
- Draw up a spending plan (budget)
- How to make paying bills easier
- Dealing with money worries.
Who should attend?
This session will benefit all staff who communicate with tenants about their money management.