Suitable for: I What does this mean?
You can’t always get what you want – or can you? Recruiting a staff member can be a minefield to negotiate through….and you can’t guarantee that you’ll get “the one”.
This course will…
Give you an overview of the recruitment, selection, onboarding and induction processes which organisations need to operate in order to build effective teams.
Delegates will learn to…
- Identify the component parts of the recruitment and selection process
- Consider the legislative and procedural requirements at each stage in the process
- Examine how to get the “Role Profile” right to help the process
- Understand how to create an appropriate, valid and reliable selection process
- Write effective interview questions (and answers)
- Consider the importance of the candidate experience
- Understand the managers role in onboarding, induction and building effective teams
- The changing nature of recruitment
- The recruitment and selection process
- The importance of the employer brand
- Creating a Job Description and Person Specification – the Role Profile
- How to shortlist
- Where and how to advertise
- Writing an advert
- Relevant legislation (eg Equality Act)
- Choosing a selection method
- Writing interview questions and answers
- Planning an effective onboarding and induction process
Who should attend
HR / OD / L&D professionals and everyone with line management responsibility including managers, supervisors, senior leaders, aspiring leaders.
Gary Cookson has held several senior HR roles in various sectors, including 12 years in housing. He has delivered CIPD, ILM and CIH programmes for many years. He speaks regularly at conferences about leadership and HR, and is active on social media. He also carries out training on a range of topics for HQN.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.