Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Have you attended the Complete Works of UC or What You Need to Know Now course? Do you want to take your knowledge up to the next level?
Here’s the next step, UC in action. This session takes all that you have learned builds on it. It looks at the common problem areas of UC and the practical resolutions that staff can use when working with tenants on UC.
You will learn:
- Who’s missing out
- What to do about missing elements, wrong amounts, non-dependants
- What can be done about closed new claims and delays
- Problems for employees and how to deal with them (having no/reduced wages, getting back to work/starting work, late payment of wages)
- Problems for self-employed and how to deal with them (no income, SEISS lump sum payment, surplus earnings, PAYE earnings and reclaims)
- Work related requirements and sanctions and how to deal with them
- When a problem can be resolved by complaint, mandatory reconsideration, appeal or the Independent Case Examiner
- Overpayments and how to deal with them.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants to develop their understanding and knowledge and take it to the next level.
Alison Markantonis is an experienced welfare benefits, financial capability and employment skills practitioner, who has worked successfully in the affordable housing and benefits sector for the last 27 years. She has worked with many housing and support organisations and brings her extensive experience to specialise in demystifying the benefits system, money management and employability skills training for both frontline staff and tenants. Her approach is participative and interactive, using case studies and her own experience to take the complex, and make it not only simple, but also applicable.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.