Suitable for: I What does this mean?
Creating video content on your smartphone – masterclass.
Smartphones are amazing filming and editing tools. Whether you’re a budding TV producer or just want to improve your skills, this course on advanced video content creation skills using smartphones is ideal for you. It will enable you to deliver a range of marketing assets for social and website platforms as well as for a variety of situations such as virtual property viewings.
Our BBC-trained experts will help delegates who already enjoy making simple content to unleash the full potential of smartphone tech and their creativity.
By the end of this course delegates will have grasped all the skills taught on our basic course.
In addition they will be able to:
- Plan a narrative for a 90-second video
- Confidently and safely film high-quality material
- Use semi-professional editing software such as iMovie
- Use a range of gadgets and gizmos to enhance their film-making.
The course uses a range of techniques including practical demonstration and exercises and showing filmed examples.
Recap the basics
- Checking your settings, storage capacity and battery life
- The best apps and programmes for filming and editing
- Recording great sound
- Choosing, framing and lighting your shots
- The importance of getting permission from contributors.
Creating a narrative
- The importance of storytelling
- Whose story is it? Casting your contributors.
- Plot – how to give your story a beginning, middle and end.
Capturing great content
- Operating on your own – working safely and effectively
- Shots that go together – how to film a short sequence
- Plan B – what to do when it all goes wrong
- Copyright – a very quick guide.
- Moving on from apps – using semi-pro editing software (eg iMovie)
- Using music to enhance your edit.
NB This course will explain the principles of editing rather than the specific operating systems of each programme or app.
Gadgets and gizmos
- Different types of microphones and when to use them
- Tripods, selfie sticks and gimbals – low-cost gadgets that make a big difference
- Go Pros, filters, rigs and in-camera special effects – an introduction.
Who should attend?
Anyone at any level in an organisation who has basic smartphone filming skills and wants to create more polished content. Ideal as a follow on to the basics course. This workshop is ideal for staff and residents.
Chris Quevatre is a creative and intuitive film-maker who delivers to global audiences on streaming and social media platforms. He has delivered a wide-ranging portfolio for Ocean City Media from epic promotional films to emotive and inspiring campaigns. Whatever the project, he will find the authentic, personal, voice to carry key messaging to the audience.
A pioneer in digital films, Chris is in touch with emerging trends and understands the power of analytical tools to build and grow audience reach.
He is Ocean City Media’s drone aerials and animation commissioning specialist and delivered one of the first major animation partnerships for BBC England. Chris has trained BBC teams and is a visiting lecturer in digital film production at Marjon University.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.