Suitable for: I What does this mean?
We all experience failure, disappointment, and setbacks, or lose that drive that keeps us moving forward.
We’re being asked to do more with less resource. New concepts of delivery, different relationships with partners, responsibilities with less boundaries, regulatory uncertainty, and tighter time constraints mean we need exceptional resilience skills to achieve performance and bounce back quickly from setbacks.
This course will benefit everyone working within an organisation going through change and everyone who wants to develop greater levels of resilience in the workplace. It’s highly interactive and practical. It raises participants’ awareness of the resilience and mental toughness skills they already possess.
You will learn how to expand and incorporate resilience skills into your everyday roles:
- MTQ Plus on line assessment carried out in advance of the day to assess individuals’ ability to withstand pressure in a range of environments
- Understanding that resilient attitudes and habits can be developed and enhance performance, leadership and general wellbeing at work and in life
- Understanding why one person goes under when another thrives
- Developing a personal action plan:
- Improving ability to understand and solve problems and remain positive under pressure
- Learning to view setbacks, adversity and change as challenges
- Adversity bounce-back techniques, and tools and exercises to improve resilience skills
- Understanding the importance of self-care
- Increased flexibility and confidence, with a stronger sense of being in control when faced with uncertainty
- Maintaining performance, stamina, clarity and logic under pressure
- Motivation, maintenance and sustaining morale in others
- Developing more effective responses to pressure through key personal development strategies and tactic development.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants to improve their or their team’s mental toughness and resilience skills, from chief executives, board members, senior and middle managers and team leaders to those delivering frontline or back-of-house services.
Sharon Bryan is a highly accomplished and qualified lifelong learning trainer, coach and development consultant with over 20 years’ experience of working with the social housing sector. Coupled with her experience of learning and development delivery and working through transformational change, she has developed an approach that is person-centred, participative and highly interactive. With a practical eye for detail and people she is able to simplify complexity, making it applicable, relevant, and fun. As a licensed Master NLP practitioner and MTQ48 Assessor her flexibility and range of delivery techniques give an added dimension to her courses.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.