Suitable for: All What does this mean?
An essential course for all front line repairs handlers and organisations striving for excellence in repairs reporting. This session will consider the effective handling of repair requests across the top 50+ most recognised and commonly reported housing repairs.
The course has been specifically designed to develop and enhance skills as well as technical knowledge. Staff will get to know the right questions to ask and what to note down when ordering or chasing repairs. It’s key to getting repairs ‘right first time’.
Delegates will learn about:
- The important role front line officers play in the repairs process
- The ‘right first time’ culture and what’s involved
- Effective questioning and diagnosis of the 50 most commonly reported repairs across the various trades
- Building terminology
- How to give timely and effective advice in order to protect the interests of the landlord eg emergencies, recharges, discretionary repairs
- The importance of information and accurate record keeping.
Scenarios will be based around frequently occurring repairs such as… ‘I have no hot or cold water, my boiler’s not working, my toilet will not flush… keeps running, my shower won’t work, my basin is blocked, I’ve got a leak, my bedroom’s full of damp, I’ve got mould on my walls, I’ve got no electric, my lights have gone off, my fan is faulty, my door’s jammed, my glass is damaged… my fence is down again…’
Who should attend?
A must for all staff from a non-technical background involved in housing repair requests:
- Customer contact centre staff
- Housing officers
- Clerical/administrative staff
- Performance and quality officers
- Estate and neighbourhood staff
- Support and sheltered housing staff
- Tenant liaison officers
- Contractor/DLO planners and admin staff.
Wayne Anderson is an expert lecturer, national conference speaker, chartered surveyor, arbitrator and consultant. His training sessions are lively, colourful and interactive and are based on extensive experience gained over 25 years with best practice organisations involved in the housing repairs and maintenance sector. Wayne has a reputation for simplifying complex issues and encouraging frontline staff to develop a deeper understanding of maintenance issues that can be applied confidently on a day-to-day basis.
Nancy Witham has more than 30 years experience within the Social Housing Sector. She delivers innovative, engaging interactive training to operational staff in Repairs & Maintenance, Neighbourhood, Customer Service and Business IT systems. Nancy’s style of training makes learning enjoyable and relevant and her training programmes receive consistently excellent feedback.
“As I am new to the industry the whole course was very useful for me.”Hull Churches Housing Association
“I really found this training very interesting and has given me more confidence in doing my job!”PA Housing
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.