Suitable for: All What does this mean?
Creating video content on your smartphone – the basics.
If you’ve ever wanted to capture something on video and wished you had better skills this is the course for you. Smartphones are amazing tools for filming and editing. And there are now so many different situations for using them – resident engagement projects, repairs, estate services, voids and lettings. Our BBC-trained experts will teach you how to make the most of them.
This course will take you through how to create professional video content virtual property viewings, void properties or to support your communications teams with material for social media platforms.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Confidently film a range of well-composed shots
- Record great interviews
- Capture good sound
- Apply basic storytelling and editing skills
- Understand how to store and share content.
Get to know your smartphone
- Checking your settings for optimum video recording performance
- Finding and downloading filming and editing apps
- Managing your phone’s storage and battery life.
- Understanding the importance of good sound
- Recording good sound in different situations.
- Understanding the different sorts of shots
- Framing a shot – especially for interviews
- Lighting a shot – without lights.
- Interviewing yourself (presenting to camera)
- Interviewing other people
- Understanding the importance of getting permission when filming.
Putting it all together
- Telling a story
- Understanding the basic principles of editing pictures and sound
- Storing and sharing your finished content.
Who should attend?
Anyone at any level in an organisation with no or little experience of creating video content where these skills could be useful in their role eg resident engagement staff, frontline staff working in estate services and repairs, voids and lettings staff. This workshop is ideal for staff and residents. The masterclass session is great as a follow on and/or for anyone who already knows about the basics.
Chris Quevatre is a creative and intuitive film-maker who delivers to global audiences on streaming and social media platforms. He has delivered a wide-ranging portfolio for Ocean City Media from epic promotional films to emotive and inspiring campaigns. Whatever the project, he will find the authentic, personal, voice to carry key messaging to the audience.
A pioneer in digital films, Chris is in touch with emerging trends and understands the power of analytical tools to build and grow audience reach.
He is Ocean City Media’s drone aerials and animation commissioning specialist and delivered one of the first major animation partnerships for BBC England. Chris has trained BBC teams and is a visiting lecturer in digital film production at Marjon University.
”Great trainer and very interesting course, inspired to try new techniques.”Bron Afon
”One of the best courses I have been on for ages. I learnt so much. Chris is a fantastic trainer and so knowledgeable.”Worthing Homes
”A great session which has inspired me to use some of the things I have learnt to enhance my role and support my organisation.”Magenta Living
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.