Suitable for: I What does this mean?
In the name of organisational effectiveness or increased efficiency, many HR functions are being or have already been devolved to line managers.
Many smaller organisations only have a small HR presence, so line managers are increasingly tasked with performing traditional HR functions, but without the professional skills and knowledge that usually accompany these tasks. Line managers need a broad understanding of the law, rights and responsibilities of employees and managers, and an appreciation of how to get the best from their staff by managing processes and procedures well.
This course will help:
- Delegates to understand the basic rights and responsibilities that employers and employees have, and how to operate basic HR and line management processes effectively and efficiently
- Those with line management responsibilities to have greater confidence in performing basic HR functions and in keeping their team high performing whilst doing the basics of management right.
Delegates will learn
- To understand the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers and what this means on a practical level for line managers
- How to ensure the fundamental HR processes they are part of run effectively and efficiently
- How to motivate, communicate with and manage the performance of their teams using HR processes
- To feel confident managing processes such as: Recruitment and Selection; Induction; Absence Management; Disciplinary and Grievance; Termination of Employment; and others.
- Basic employment rights and responsibilities
- Basic HR processes that line managers get involved in and how to manage these
- Motivational theory and practice
- Good practice in communicating with individuals and teams
- Performance Management processes and how to get the best from them
- Overview of and hints and tips to get the best from: Recruitment and Selection; Induction; Absence Management; Disciplinary and Grievance; Termination of Employment; and others.
Who should attend
Anyone who has responsibility for people management in an organisation and wants to do it better without relying on HR to do it for them. Equally, anyone new into an HR role who wishes to learn more about the role of HR and line managers.
Gary Cookson has held several senior HR roles in various sectors, including 12 years in housing. He has delivered CIPD, ILM and CIH programmes for many years. He speaks regularly at conferences about leadership and HR, and is active on social media. He also carries out training on a range of topics for HQN.
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.