Suitable for: I What does this mean?
We are all spending more and more time in virtual meetings – and this is likely to continue. But are we making the most of them? Are they as productive as they could be? Are they even needed?
This virtual session will provide some practical and proven techniques to ensure that you only call meetings when necessary, always achieve your objectives and provide a space for people to contribute in a collaborative and inclusive way.
What delegates will learn
- How to make sure “you really need this meeting”
- How to ensure meetings are inclusive and everyone gets their voice heard
- How to develop an effective checklist to critique your current approach and develop a clear plan of action
- Why is it more tiring to listen in virtual meetings and how to avoid virtual fatigue
- How to ensure you never have another ineffective meeting
- How to deal with challenging participants and make sure everyone understands their role
- How to address our own biases and make great quality decisions
- Five strategies that will up your game and ensure you will be a brilliant chair or assertive participant.
Who should attend
Everyone who is responsible for facilitating or chairing virtual meetings.
Emma Walker-Cotton is an award winning trainer specialising in leadership development. She has over 25 years experience of training design and delivery in both the public and private sector, including working as HR Director for Amnesty International. Emma is passionate about individuals having the opportunity to fulﬁl their potential and develop their resilience. She always ensures that participants leave the session with practical skills they can implement back in work.
“Emma is a really skilled facilitator and the course was informative, enjoyable and practical.”Cardiff Council
“I found the entire session to be useful and enjoyed listening and learning.”Newlon Housing Trust
“I would 100% recommend this course.”Wolverhampton homes
Cancellations and substitutions
If you are unable to attend an event or public training course, please let us know in writing (email is fine) at least 48 hours before. Please email [email protected] Otherwise, a cancellation fee of £60 plus VAT will be chargeable. If you are using a package place to attend and do not inform us within the agreed time frame, then a place will be taken to cover your non-attendance. Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.
Dates and prices
We can bring this course to you.
If you have five or more staff interested our in-house training offers great value for money.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.