Chat with us live
Water risk assessments for domestic properties – does it have to be complicated?
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 28 Nov 2019 10:00
- End 28 Nov 2019 16:30
Come and join us at this interactive workshop that will help you to understand what your legal duties are in respect to Legionella in domestic premises and how you can comply with such duties by implementing simple, proportionate and appropriate control measures to ensure the risk remains low.
The day will look at:
- The requirements for domestic water risk assessments
- The options available for developing a programme
- How a desktop exercise can be a starting point for identification of properties
- Utilising technicians who deliver ‘other’ programmes, such as gas servicing, to carry out the assessments and whether this is a good choice
- Things to consider when developing a water risk assessment template for domestic premises
- What, if any, training should the ‘assessor’ have?
- What about ‘void’ properties – should they be assessed?
- What should we be telling tenants?
We’ll also have a look at some case studies and what other organisations are doing.
The day will be led by Chris Brown who is an expert in his field, having over 30 years’ experience within the water hygiene industry.
Chris is a chemist by qualification and is an Elected Fellow of the Water Management Society; he has also served a four year term on the Legionella Control Association committee and was a contributor to the BSRIA Legionella Risk Assessment Guide as well as being part of the LCA Technical Team for HSG274 Part 1.
This event will also be held in London.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on Friday 25 October 2019.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.