Chat with us live
Value for Money masterclass 2020
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 09 Apr 2020 10:30
- End 09 Apr 2020 13:30
Hear direct from the Regulator of Social Housing's VfM lead at our popular half-day workshops
Do you have all bases covered on value for money? The Regulator of Social Housing's latest report on the VfM metrics suggests not.
The RSH says the quality of reporting is 'mixed' both in terms of the data being submitted and providers' ability to meet the VfM Standard's requirements.
But fear not. With the clock ticking before the next set out of accounts are signed off, help is at hand.
Come along to our popular VfM masterclasses in April to gain a better understanding of what the regulator expects.
You will get to hear from RSH's VfM lead Robert Dryburgh on what 'best in class' reporting looks like while HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh and Housing Finance Network Lead Associate Ian Parker, will help you pull out the detail from your own accounts and reports to ensure your returns are accurate and relevant.
We will cover:
- How to make sure you calculate ALL of the metrics correctly
- How you explain trends in performance on these metrics (particularly where definitions have changed)
- What you must put in the accounts
- How you deal with VfM at an IDA (where the probing is intense)
- The requirement to demonstrate that your decisions lead to “optimal benefit”
- How to get your board up to speed on VfM
- How to maximise the information generated by the HQN spreadsheet model.
Sessions will cover the following:
- The Regulator of Social Housing on what 'best in class' Value for Money reporting looks like
- What to report in your Financial Statements – includes an interactive demonstration of the Housing Finance Network’s new CPU/VfM model
- Where social housing VfM is going
- Summary – do’s and don’ts.
- Robert Dryburgh, Assistant Director, Business Intelligence and VfM lead, Regulator of Social Housing
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Ian Parker, Lead Associate, Housing Finance Network
Who should attend?
This event is essential for those responsible for reporting VfM in the accounts, regulatory compliance, appraising the board and ensuring VfM is embedded in the business, including:
- Finance directors
- Finance teams
- Performance teams
- Governance teams.
To ensure you get 'optimal benefit' from the day, Ian will also be on-hand to answer your specific VfM queries. You send your questions to us in advance at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will also be held in London.
Full price: £219.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £160.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.