Chat with us live
The Leasehold Management Summit 2019
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 20 Jun 2019 10:00
- End 20 Jun 2019 16:00
Leasehold and shared ownership – overcoming the challenges
Our specialist Leasehold Network's flagship event. Essential for everyone working with leaseholders and shared owners exploring all the current key challenges.
- The government is talking tough on leasehold reforms. It wants to strengthen the leaseholders’ hand
- Customer satisfaction and perception of shared ownership is poor – particularly around the quality of new build
- Hitting sales and marketing figures is daunting given the current housing market.
This summit is all about exploring solutions to the challenges and delivering changes quickly.
It’s your opportunity to network, take part in breakout sessions and get guidance advice from experts and practitioners – with real situations, real scenarios, and real insights.
Find out what can realistically be achieved given the constraints and limited resources.
The topical sessions:
- Leasehold reform – with change, consultations and directives coming thick and fast, this session sets out exactly where we are
- The future – reforms aren’t necessarily easy to implement. We’ve got two different perspectives on the issues and challenges ahead, from two great practitioner speakers… telling it like it is.
The technical sessions:
- Right to manage – with the government wanting to empower leaseholders, Right to Manage and Right to Acquire come into view. We look at how the land lies
- Sinking funds in shared ownership – as shared ownership becomes a consideration for more home buyers, and sinking funds for landlords, this technical session looks at the key elements of promoting and implementing a new regime of sinking funds.
The breakout sessions:
- Leasehold redress and the Ombudsman – how will the proposed changes to these back-stops for leaseholders affect front-line leasehold teams?
- Service charges and new developments – what are the latest challenges for setting and collecting service charges in brand new developments for leasehold and mixed tenures?
A great line-up of speakers, including:
- John Gargan, Associate, The Leasehold Network
- Yashmin Mistry, Partner, JPC Law and Leasehold Reform Working Party member
- Fiona Buist, Head of MySouthwark Homeowners Agency
- Deborah Viljoen, Head of Leasehold, Catalyst
- Andy Warman, Deputy Director, Octavia
- Lynne Nichols, Regional Service Charge and Section 20 Manager, Clarion Group
- Nick Kissen, Legal Advisor, LEASE.
This event is also being held in Leeds.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 17 May 2019.
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.