Chat with us live
The local authority housing conference – creating a 'golden thread' for housing services
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 30 Apr 2019 10:00
- End 30 Apr 2019 16:00
Building on the success of last year's Strategic Network Annual Conference for local authorities, this year's event will examine the strategic role councils can play in creating a 'golden thread' that ties together all the elements of a successful housing service.
Councils have an increasingly influential role to play across all aspects of housing. From rough sleeping and homelessness to planning and building new homes (and everything in between), for the first time in a long time, local authorities have a genuine opportunity to have a positive impact on the housing crisis.
But how joined up are local authority housing services? How many can say they have a strategic 'golden thread' tying them all together?
Too often housing-related services sit in silos with a lack of communication between departments. Specialist teams take responsibility for different areas from homelessness to allocations and the PRS with very often little or no strategic oversight.
And with increased reliance on external partners – from other local authorities to housing associations – who is taking responsibility for joining everything up and ensuring a fair and consistent approach runs through everything?
At this year's Strategic Network annual local authority housing conference, chaired by HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh, we will look at the changing face of the local authority housing landscape, the increasing importance of the strategic housing function and explore the different approaches councils are taking to join up their housing services.
- Creating a 'golden thread' for housing services
- Opportunity knocks – what recent policy changes mean for local authorities, from homelessness to the HRA
- Working in partnership with other local authorities, housing associations and key agencies
- From waiting lists to a decent home – supporting residents in housing need
- The bigger picture – is housing really a priority for local authorities?
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Emma Lindley, HQN Associate and Housing Strategy Lead Officer, Ashfield District Council
- Paul Smith, Cabinet Lead for Housing, Bristol City Council
- Lee Heley, Head of Housing Growth, Essex County Council
- Asha Ahmad-Pearce and Harvinder Parhar, Housing Strategy and Development Team, Luton Borough Council
- Tim Brown, HQN Associate and Senior Research Associate in Housing and Local Government, De Montfort University
- Elly Shepherd, Head of Housing and Planning Policy, London Councils
- More to follow...
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Members of the Strategic Network: One free place per organisation, then £209 + VAT for additional places
Early bird non members only: £259.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on 29 March 2019
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.