Chat with us live
The Housing Management Network annual conference 2021 – supporting and engaging with young people
- Type HQN Event (Virtual)
- Venue Virtual conference
- Start 23 Nov 2021 10:00
- End 23 Nov 2021 16:00
This year’s housing management annual conference will explore the role housing management teams can play to support the next generation.
The next generation face unprecedented challenges, especially those children and young people for whom life was difficult before the pandemic hit.
There is a whole host of evidence indicating the pandemic has disproportionately impacted children and young people in several key areas, including housing, homelessness, employment, education, and mental health.
Research from charity Young Minds found that close to 70% of young people believed the pandemic would have a long-term negative effect on their mental health.
The housing sector – and in particular housing management teams – has a responsibility to work with partner organisations to minimise the impact of the pandemic on children and young people and create opportunities for them to have a brighter future.
What will be covered:
- Designing a better future for children and young people
- Child exploitation and county lines – How can housing professionals help?
- Tenancy sustainment – Care leavers pledge
- Promoting housing as a career of choice for young people
- Improving access to financial support for struggling families
- Housing’s role in safeguarding children.
Why should you attend:
The event will highlight best practice on key topics including intergenerational communities, safeguarding, anti-social behavior and supporting care leavers.
What will you take away from the event?
Learn how to engage with the next generation and develop services that really support the needs of the tenants of tomorrow
- Angela Gascoigne, CEO of SHAL
- Dr Kelly Henderson, Morgan Sindall
- Charlie Norman, CEO, MSV
- Keren Miller, Head of Community Engagement at resident led Phoenix Community Housing Association
- More to be announced…
This event is highly recommended for members of the following networks. Not a member? Click the below links to find out more:
Full price: £175.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £150.00 *
Housing Management members offer: £49.00* after booking your first place
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Byte Size members do not qualify for member discounts or free places at this event. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.