Chat with us live
The Homelessness Reduction Act – one year on
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 20 Mar 2019 10:00
- End 20 Mar 2019 16:00
As politicians, charities and housing bodies continue to sound the alarm over rising levels of homelessness, there is cross-party agreement that radical action is required. But is the Homelessness Reduction Act the answer?
Hailed by campaigners as a landmark piece of legislation that will transform the way local authorities approach homeless applications, the Act aims to ensure no-one is turned away when they ask their council for help.
But one year on, have things started to improve and are we finally on the road to long-term homelessness prevention?
This major one-day conference will look at the day-to-day reality of implementing the Act, the barriers to success and the challenges that remain. And it will attempt to answer the question, what has actually changed?
You will hear from the Government, leading homelessness charities and local authorities working to implement the Act on a daily basis.
There is no doubt the Government is focused on reducing homelessness, rough sleeping, and the numbers of households in temporary accommodation. But does the Act do enough to tackle the root causes and is the social housing sector itself doing enough to prevent homelessness through a sustainable co-ordinated response?
With the new Act now in force for nearly a year, this conference will look at the national policy agenda, update on current homelessness issues and trends and hear about solutions which can be implemented across the country.
- The Homelessness Reduction Act one year on - what has changed?
- Government policy and future direction for homelessness and rough sleeping
- The scale of the problem, barriers to success and how to overcome them, trends, and solutions
- Issues associated with homeless households being housed outside of London
- What works? Innovation and good practice in preventing homelessness
- Response from the housing association sector including the Commitment to Refer
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- National Housing Federation
- Specialists in tackling rough sleeping
- Local authorities - showcasing good practice from around the country
Who should attend?
This event is essential for:
- All professionals involved in preventing homelessness, including front line triage, homeless prevention staff, housing options officers and service managers
- Those responsible for homelessness reviews and strategies
- Housing association and voluntary sector employees with an active or future role in homelessness prevention.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.