Chat with us live
The future of block management – planning for the next ten years and beyond
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 28 May 2020 10:00
- End 28 May 2020 16:00
Are you prepared for the new world of block management?
The management of residential blocks has come into sharp focus in the post-Grenfell era.
A new building safety regulator, updated advice for the management of multi-storey buildings and plans for a new Fire Safety Bill have all been announced since the start of the year.
But while safety is paramount, successful block management needs to be all encompassing –taking into account every aspect of the day-to-day resident experience and the impact on the wider community. It also needs to involve a deeper understanding of the buildings we manage, from layout and design to the materials used in their construction.
So, join us for this major event in May where we’ll be casting the spotlight on the future of block management – high, medium and low rise. We’ll be covering everything from block design and development to management and maintenance.
With a focus on safety, efficiency of service and the customer experience, the day will include:
- The A to Z of block design, asset management and maintenance
- The impact of Hackitt and new Building Safety legislation. How will the last ten years compare to the next ten years?
- The changing role of the 'accountable person' and 'building safety manager' in block management
- Who pays for cladding removal and what does it mean for leaseholders and shared owners?
- People vs property – does tenancy management and ASB still have a key role in block management?
- Day to day management – including managing all the different delivery partners and relationships with them
- Customer expectations – getting the customer service and experience spot on
- The role of tech in housing and block management – BIM, VR, AR in practice
- The role of development/construction in the block management journey – getting it right first time
- Who are the VIP stakeholders of the future? Residents vs Investors.
This event is essential for:
Everyone involved in providing services to blocks including:
- Housing managers
- Development teams
- Asset management and maintenance
- Estate services
- Leasehold managers
- Customer services.
Full price: £299.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £219.00 *
Early bird non members only: £269.00 *
Early bird pricing ends on Friday 24 April 2020.
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information.
Registration will start 30 minutes before the first session and refreshments will be available.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.